Haringey Irish Day Care & Luncheon Club
SERVICES FOR OLDER PEOPLE
We are reaching out to older people in the local community and adjoining boroughs to use our day care and lunch club services. We have professional staff who provide a hearty welcome in a friendly and warm atmosphere. We also have an experienced team of trained volunteers who are essential to the work of our services and ably support the permanent team.
Assistance is available to people over 50 years of age who need extra support, to regain and maintain their independence, to live a healthy and active life. We provide stimulating activities, entertainment and companionship to people who may otherwise be house-bound or socially isolated and excluded.
A qualified chef provides a substantial freshly cooked meal, which consists of a well-balanced diet, with support to promote healthy eating. Any special dietary needs will always be met.
Lunch Club last day of service Friday 14th December 2018; resumes on Wednesday 2nd January 2019
Mrs E. suffered from depression and social isolation, she was reserved in her manner and suffered from panic attacks when she first commenced at our Day Care Service. We encouraged her to interact with other users and the team helped her to participate in the various activities. She gradually improved and regained her confidence. Presently she is cheerful, looks forward to attending, she finds it easy to converse and no longer suffer from panic attacks.Mrs E
We are open : Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10am – 3pm
We have a range of activities, including the popular chair based exercise sessions.
- Board games
- Reminiscence and singalongs.
- Arts and craft sessions including designing and making cards for special occasions
- Visits and talks from Health care professionals, including oral hygiene, optician, sight awareness session, health awareness.
- Entertainment and live music to celebrate special occasions.
- Reading sessions from the local papers and metro for discussion or relaxation.
- Talks from the local Metropolitan Police, regarding scams, identity fraud, theft ,burglaries,pick pocketing etc.
- A fresh cooked two course meal is available at £5 Contact Patrick or Christina on 020 8885 5799
If you feel you could benefit from this service please contact the day centre directly on 020 8885 5799, where Patrick or Christina will be delighted to assist you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We can offer some flexibility with these times to need your individual needs. We have free parking and a fully accessible drop off point close to the main entrance to assist wheelchair users and visitors with mobility problems.
Grateful thanks to the Irish Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade who has funded the Day Care & Luncheon Club Service for another year.